While a handheld device with browser-based UI can access web based CRM systems, the more robust
solutions for mobile CRM and wireless utilize a mobile middleware for the interactions between
the wireless device and the CRM applications.
Infrastructures of Mobile CRM and Wireless CRM
A mobile enterprise solutions are made up with three components - CRM backend systems,
wireless handheld devices for mobile access and a mobile middleware for the interactions.
What distinguishes mobile CRM or wireless CRM from traditional CRM is the mobile middleware.
A mobile CRM or wireless CRM provides great benefit for mobile workers to access and share
enterprise information across organizational lines and locations. Traditionally, they have to
fax, or email customer information back to corporate headquarters.
Vendors of Mobile CRM and Wireless CRM Systems
All major CRM vendors (SAP, Oracle, Siebel, Peoplesoft and Microsoft) offer mobile and wireless CRM solutions.
- SAP - The mobile middleware layer is an integral part of the underlying SAP architecture.
mySAP Mobile Business enables mobility with all of the SAP ERP applications including CRM.
- Oracle - Oracle Mobile Field Service applications leverage existing mobile technology
and devices to provide field service representatives with real-time information in dial-up
or use wireless access.
- Siebel Systems - Siebel offers several mobile CRM and wireless applications, including Siebel Sales
Handheld for Windows and Siebel Mobile Sales Solutions for Palm OS.
- Microsoft CRM - MS CRM is built on top of .NET framework. It supports access from
Pocket PC devices and wireless devices.
- Salesforce.com - salesforce.com offers several alternatives for remotely access.
For instance, users can request contact sheet and product data in e-mails.
- PeopleSoft - PeopleSoft's mobile solution is Web based that requires a network
- Other Vendors - Best Software’s SalesLogix, FrontRange's GoldMine, Pivotal's wireless
CRM and ACCPAC International's CRM products.
Functional Modules of CRM Software Applications
CRM Technology Overview and Comparison - Online CRM, Hosted CRM and Wireless CRM
Web Based CRM, Online CRM - Benefits and Vendors
Hosted CRM and CRM ASP - Benefits and Vendors
Critical Successful Factors of CRM Implementation
Cost of CRM - What does CRM really cost?
Call Center and Call Center Software