Life Cycle and Task List of e-Business Application Implementation
The phases in a life cycle of e-business project includes:
- Strategic Planning
- Requirements Gathering
- Data Conversion
- User Support
- Identify high level business problem that e-business applications will solve;
- Choose a technical architecture that can smooth the integration of e-business applications with existing information systems;
- Conduct feasibility study, ROI analysis.
- Prioritize sequence of implementations if the project is feasible.
- Break down strategic business requirements into detailed functional requirements;
- Design interview questions;
- Interview domain experts and end users within organization;
- Document functional requirements.
- Identify functional requirements that the standard enterprise software systems don't support;
- Design the customized modules for your organization;
- Custom development using API provided by e-business application framework
- Unit test and component test the custom modules.
- Prepare environments for installation, such as hardware acquisition, system initiation;
- Install standard e-business application;
- Install custom business modules.
- Prepare legacy systems for integration;
- Prepare e-business systems for integration;
- Install interface software or middleware for integration;
- Define data requirements for new systems;
- Prepare data for conversion;
- Conversion historic data into the format the e-business systems can process;
- Test e-business systems.
- Perform regression testing;
- Perform system testinf for throughputs, salability, stability and etc;
- Perform user acceptance testing;
- Write user training manual;
- Conduct end user training;
Post Implementation Review
- Conduct post implementation interview for all parties participated in the implementation;
- Conduct end user interview to collect user feedback;
- Compare the original plan with the system actually implemented.
- On-going user support;
- Accumulate user knowledge database;
Overview of E-Business Project Management